Traveling is exhausting work; there's plane/train/taxi rides, long lines, an absolute tun of walking, and getting lost in foreign streets.
It's enough to make you want to plant yourself head first into your hotel bed once you're done with sight seeing for the day. Put together an outfit for tomorrow? Hell no! If you manage to put on pajamas instead of sleeping in what you wore all day, that will be a success.
The problem is, when you travel generally you'll have a camera firmly planted in your hand all trip, and will constantly be taking photos.
Even though you likely ungraciously dragged yourself up out of bed for another day of travel, there's nothing worse than looking like you ungraciously dragged yourself up out of bed for another day of travel in photos.
That photo of you smiling all proud having made it to the Eiffel Tower isn't going to look great with a wrinkly top and clashing shorts.
I swear by wearing dresses for the easiest travel style. Dresses are my travel essential style item because:
- You don't need to find a matching top and bottom from your small suitcase clothing selection.
- No bra required for most dresses = less to pack & less trying to find the bra that stays concealed under your cute but complex shirt
- You'll begin to hear "Wow! You look so classy today!" often
And it takes no effort at all. I don't know about you but I love getting compliments when I put in quite honestly 0 effort in the morning.
There's a few considerations you should make when picking up a couple of staple travel dresses.
- Buy a material that will not wrinkle! eg. Chiffon
- Buy flowy dresses so that when you eat your way through Germany, no one will be able to tell.
- Like with any travel packing regardless of clothing items, buy a consistent colour scheme. My favourite is blue, grey, white, and black with gold accessories.
What's your go-to travel style hack?