On this beautiful summer solstice weekend, Nicole and I chose to trot off to the Polo For Heart event just outside of the city. (Bad pun, I know; I couldn't help myself).
Why did the kangaroo cross the world to attend Polo For Heart?... I'm not exactly sure. Anyways, carrying on.
After attending polo a few times previously, we've started to get the hang of the whole packing for a polo game thing. Attending with the essentials is a make or break for a great day at the polo.
Your packing list might look a little like what you would bring to a tailgate really, just slightly more posh.
First, and likely of primary importance, you'll need
The Perfect Polo Outfit
Wedge heels over regular heels are a necessity. A hat is basically compulsory, and you'll need a cute dress, or go modern with a romper.
- Dress: Lauren James Livingston Seersucker
- Wedges: From a Spanish boutique, so I cant find them online! Similar here and I love these here.
- Hat: Similar here, also loving this one, these felt ones are also adorable here (Topshop!) and here.
You'll also need...
- A picnic basket: a good basket (from our girl Martha), a great basket, & a basket for picnic pros.
- An umbrella. Loving the Bay stripes umbrella here.
- Folding chairs
- A small table
- Sunscreen (my Red-Head-Approved favourite here)
- Blanket (classic red checked preferred)
- A rolling cooler & ice
- Wine/Champagne & bottle opener
- Water (Because getting completely sloshed likely isn't posh)
In terms of food, you'll want to bring something that is easy to eat with minimal fuss. I'm loving...
And there you have it! You're all ready for the polo.
Now channel your inner Kate, and you'll have a fabulous time!
What is your favourite type of event to attend in the summer? Ever been to a polo match?
Polo For Heart provided complimentary access to their fabulous event! All opinions are my own.