As mentioned in my Liebster Award post, my favourite health food at the moment is the Portobello Mushroom Pizza.
In the spirit of getting summer body ready, these little guys taste great, and are much better for you than a regular pizza.
Here's what you'll need:
- A portobello mushroom
- Green pepper
- Pepperoni (Healthy Option: use turkey pepperoni)
- Tomato Sauce (Healthy Option: use the 'No Salt Added' Tomato Sauce)
- Mozzarella Cheese (Healthy Option: use the skim/light mozzarella)
Here's how to make them:
1. Pop the stem out of the mushroom
2. Cover with 2 tbsp tomato sauce
3. Sprinkle on your desired amount of mozzarella cheese
4. Top with pepperoni
5. Top with chopped green pepper bits
6. Place on a tin foil lined baking tray. Turn up the edges of the tin foil, the tomato sauce tends to leak off a bit while cooking, and you'll avoid the mess if you turn up the edges.
7. Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes, just after the cheese as melted.
On a completely pizza-unrelated point. I've added some new social icon buttons for you to enjoy. (Take a look at the top of this page on the right)
I heard if you follow PagebyPaige on Bloglovin you get extra good karma all day!